I offer my obeisances to the moon of Sri Nityananda
nityanandam aham vande
I praise Sri Nityananda, on whose ear a pearl ornament hangs) Accepting the role of Lord Caitanya’s elder brother, He purified the earth.
Offering prostrated obeisances before Sri Nityananda Mahaprabhu, master of the universe, I shall now proclaim His one hundred and eight names, which awaken ecstasy in the heart.
1) Nilambara-dhara = Sri Nityananda wears blue garments.
2) Srimat-languli = He wields a splendid plow (as His weapon).
3) Musala-priya = He delights in fighting with the club.
4) Sankarsana = and causes integration of the cosmic manifestation.
5) Candra-varna = His complexion is like the moon.
6) Yadunam kula Mangala = and He creates auspiciousness for the Yadu dynasty.
7) Gopika-ramana = Sri Nityananda delights in the company of the gopis
8) Rama = He is the supreme enjoyer
9) Vrndavana-kala-nidhi = the moon of Vrndavana
10) Kadambari = decorated by garlands of kadamba flowers.
11) Sudha-matta = intoxicated by honey nectar
12) Gopa-gopi Ganavrita = and surrounded by a multitude of cowherds and cowmaids
13) Gopi-mandala-madhya-stha = Sri Nityananda Prabhu stands amidst a circle of milkmaids
14) Rasa-tandava Pandita = He is a consummate scholar of exuberant rasa-dancing
15) Ramani Ramana = He is the lover of the beautiful young girls (of Vraja)
16) Kami = Sri Nityananda Prabhu feels amorous sentiments
17) Mada-ghurnita-locana = and His eyes roll in intoxication
18) Rasa-utsava Parisranta = Sri Nityananda Prabhu becomes exhausted in the rasa festival
19) Gharma-nira Avrta Anana = and His face is covered by drops of perspiration
20) Kalindi-bhedana Utsahi = as He divided the Kalindi river into many streams with His plowshare and showed His great might
21) Nira-krida Kutuhala = He is eager to engage in watersports
gaurasrayah samah santo
22) Gaura-asraya = Sri Nityananda takes shelter of Gaura
23) Sama Santa = He is equipoised peaceful
24) Maya-manusa-rupa-dhrk = and accepts the apparent form of a man
25) Nitya-ananda Avadhuta = Lord Nityananda is ever blissful and is not bound by social convention
26) Yajna-sutra-dhara = He wears a sacred thread for performing sacrifice
27) Sudhi = has exquisite intelligence
28) Patita Prana-da = To those fallen (in the world of birth and death) Sri Nityananda bestows the energy of spiritual life
29) Prthvi-pavana = He purifies the earth
30) Bhakta-vatsala = Sri Nityananda is affectionate to His devotees.
31) Prema-ananda Mada-unmatta = of the bliss of Krsna-prema and mad with intoxication
32) Brahma-adi Nama-gocara = His names are known by Brahma (Haridasa) and other devotees
33) Vana-mala-dhara = Sri Nityananda wears a garland of forest flowers
34) Hari = and a necklace of pearls
35) Rocana-adi-vibhusita = Sri Nityananda is ornamented by yellow rocana ointment and so forth
36) Nagendra-sunda-doh-danda = His arms, which resemble the trunks of elephants
37) Svarna-kankana-mandita = are decorated by golden bangles
38) Gaura-bhakti-rasa-ullasa = Sri Nityananda delights in the mellows of devotion to Gaura
39) Calat-cancala-nupura = His anklets ring and His body sways to and fro
40) Gajendra-gati Lāvanya = as He strolls about like the most beautiful king of elephants
41) Sammohita Jagat-jana = causing the people of the world to become completely fascinated.
ho! Ho! Dhvani-sudhasis ca
42) Samvita Subha-lila Dhrk = Sri Nityananda accepts auspicious pleasure-pastimes which cover (His identity as the Supreme Lord)
43) Roma Ancita Kalevara = The hair follicles of His body expand (like kadamba flowers)
44) Ho! Ho! Dhvani Sudha-asi = Sri Nityananda grants nectarean benedictions as He cries out, “Ho! Ho!”
45) Mukha Candra Virajita = His face shines like the full moon
46) Sindhura Aruna Susnigdha = like vermilion or luscious bimba fruit red and tender
47) Subimba Adhara-pallava = are Sri Nityananda’s blossoming lips
48) Sva-bhakta-gana-madhya-stha = He resides amidst the host of His devotees
49) Revati-prana Nayaka = Sri Nityananda (who is none other than Lord Balarama) is the Lord of Revati-rani’s life breath
50) Lauha-danda-dhara = Sri Nityananda wields an iron staff
51) Srngi = and wears wonderful ornaments
52) Venu-pani = He holds a bamboo flute
53) Pratapavan = Sri Nityananda is very chivalrous
54) Pracanda Krta-hunkara = and He roars very fiercely
55) Matta = displaying the symptoms of divine madness (in His ecstasy of love for Krsna)
56) Pasanda-mardana = as He subdues the atheists
57) Sarva-bhakti Maya = Sri Nityananda is embued with all devotional attributes
58) Deva = He is the lord of luster
59) Asrama-acara Varjita = and He abandons the standard behavior of all asramas
60) Guna-attita = Sri Nityananda is transcendental to mundane qualities
61) Guna-maya = He is filled with sublime qualities
62) Gunavan = and is the embodiment of exalted qualities
63) Nartana-priya = Sri Nityananda delights in dancing.
saguno guninam varah
yogi yoga-vidhata ca
64) Tri-guna-atma = Sri Nityananda is the original source of the three material qualities – goodness, passion, and ignorance.
65) Guna Grahi = Sri Nityananda accepts (only) the good qualities of a person
66) Su-guna = Sri Nityananda’s qualities are transcendental
67) Guninam Vara = and He is the best of all persons endowed with sublime qualities
68) Yogi = Sri Nityananda is (always) in union (with Sri Krsna Caitanya)
69) Yoga-vidhata = Sri Nityananda bestows yoga (union) (with Sri Krsna Caitanya)
70) Bhakti-yoga Pradarsaka = Sri Nityananda proclaims the glories of devotional union (with Sri Krsna)
jnana-do mukti-dah prabhuh
71) Sarva-sakti Prakasa Angi = All powers arise from Sri Nityananda’s body
72) Maha-ananda Maya = Sri Nityananda is filled with immense bliss
73) Nata = He is the best of dancers
74) Sarva-agama-maya = Within Sri Nityananda all holy scriptures reside.
75) Dhira = Sri Nityananda is sober
76) Jnana Da = He is the bestower of transcendental knowledge
77) Mukti Da = and the giver of liberation
78) Prabhu = Sri Nityananda is the Master
79) Gauda-desa Paritrata = Sri Nityananda is the savior of the land of Gauda
80) Prema-ananda Prakasaka = Sri Nityananda reveals the bliss of Krsna-prema
81) Prema-ananda Rasa-anandi = Sri Nityananda tastes delight in the mellows of the bliss of love for Krsna
82) Radhika-mantra Da = Sri Nityananda gives the mantra for worshipping Srimati Radhika
83) Vibhu = Sri Nityananda is self-controlled and all pervasive.
rasa-jno rasa-data ca
84) Sarva-mantra Svarupa = Sri Nityananda is the original form of all mantras
85) Krsna Paryanka Sundara = and He becomes the beautiful bedstead of Krsna (Caitanya)
86) Rasa-jna = Sri Nityananda is adept in the science of rasa
87) Rasa-data = He is the bestower of rasa
88) Rasa-bhokta = and the enjoyer of rasa
89) Rasa-asraya = Sri Nityananda is the abode of rasa
90) Vandita Sri-pada-ambuja = His beautiful lotus-like feet are offered worship
91) Brahma-isa-adi-maha-indra-adya = by the devas headed by Brahma, Siva, and Indra
92) Sahasra-mastaka Upeta = Sri Nityananda has thousands of heads (in His form as Sesa-naga)
93) Rasatala-sudha Kara = and causes the residents of the lower planetary systems to taste nectar
94) Ksira-udarnava Sambhuta = Sri Nityananda is born of the milk ocean
95) Kundala-eka Avatamsaka = He is ornamented by a single earring
96) Rakta-utpala-dhara = He holds a red lotus
97) Subhra = His complexion is white
98) Narayana-parayana = and He is wholly dedicated to Gaura Narayana
99) Apara-mahima Ananta = Sri Nityananda possesses unbounded glories for He is limitless
100) Nr-dosa Adarsina Sada = Sri Nityananda eternally overlooks the vices of mankind
101) Dayalu = He is merciful
102) Durgati Trata = and is the savior from catastrophe
103) Krta-anta Dusta-dehinam = Sri Nityananda makes an end (awards death) to evil embodied beings
104) Manju Dasarathi = Sri Nityananda is the charming son of Dasaratha (Laksmana)
105) Vira Laksmana = He is the greatest hero and (the avatara of ) Laksmana
106) Sarvavat Labha = By gaining Nityananda one gains everything
107) Sada ujjvala = He is always effulgent
108) Rasa-anandi = engladdened by the transcendental relationships of Krsna consciousness
109) Vrndavana-rasa-prada = and He bestows Vrndavana rasa
110) Purna-prema Sudha Sindhu = Sri Nityananda is the ocean of nectar full love for Krsna
111) Natya-lila Visarada = He is expert in pastimes of drama
112) Koti-indu Vaibhava = His presence has the cooling power of millions of moons
113) Sriman = Sri Nityananda is illustrious
114) Jagat-ahlada-karaka = and He engladdens the whole world
gopalah sarva-palas ca
115) Gopala = Sri Nityananda is a cowherd
116) Sarva Pala = the protector of all (living beings)
117) Sarva-gopa Avatamsaka = and the crest-jewel of all cowherd boys
maghe masi site pakse
trayo-dasyam tithau sada
uposanam pujanam ca
yad yat sah kurute kamam
tat tad eva labhen narah
One who fasts without deviation and offers worship on the appearance day of Sri Nityananda, which is the thirteenth day of the bright fortnight in the month of Magha, will receive whatever wish one may desire.
aputrah sadhu-putram ca
labhate natra samsayah
Even though infected, a man becomes freed from that terrible malady) A sonless man who worships Him receives a godly son, without a doubt.
namnam astottaram satam
yah pathet pratar utthaya
sah prema hi labhed dhruvam
One who rises early in the morning and recites the Hundred and Eight Names of Sri Nityananda Svarupa truly achieves love of Krsna.
Thus the one hundred and eight names of Sri Nityananda, which was compiled by Sri Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya-pada, is fully complete.